Pink Plate Meals and Cakes offers cake, cupcake, and cookie decorating classes for kids and adults. Kids get to spend three fun-filled and creative hours decorating cupcakes and cookies using buttercream, fondant and royal icing. Adults, meanwhile, learn skills that would help them prepare beautifully decorated cakes for selling or for their personal consumption.
Our first-ever class was offered to a group of toddlers and their mommies way back in October 2014. We thought it was a fun and fulfilling activity to teach to kids and help them unleash their creativity. In the summer of 2016, we formally launched it as a summer activity for kids.
Kiddie cupcake and cookie decorating class
Duration: 3 hours per class
Fee: 850 pesos per student per class
- Get a 100-peso discount for enrolling your child to both cupcake and cookie decorating classes.
- Get another 100-peso discount from the entire amount you have to pay when you enroll two or more kids.
- Ingredients, apron and cap, and rental of tools and equipment used for the activity.
- Snacks during the class.
What do the kids do:
- FOR THE COOKIE DECORATING CLASS: Kids get to knead and mold cookie dough using different shapes of cookie cutters. They get to decorate blank cookies using food coloring and edible pens. Finally, they are given a set of cookies that they will have to decorate with royal icing, fondant details, and colorful sprinkles.
- FOR THE CUPCAKE DECORATING CLASS: Kids decorate 6 pieces of cupcakes with buttercream frosting, sprinkles, and other fondant details. They also get to sculpt special fondant toppers with the help of their instructors.
Basic Buttercream Decorating Class for Beginners
Class Fee: 2500
The fee includes the following:
- Materials and ingredients necessary to learn the lessons for this course
- Rental for apron, wash cloth, tools and equipment needed
- Lunch and snacks for the day
- Print outs for the course
- To learn the essential tools needed when decorating a cake with buttercream
- To learn how to make a stable buttercream recipe to cover and decorate cakes with
- To learn how to properly fill and cover cakes with buttercream
- To learn different buttercream piping techniques used to decorate cakes
- To learn how to color buttercream (bonus lesson: color theory)
- To gather various decorating ideas using buttercream
- To learn costing, marketing, and customer service strategies while you are still a beginner in the business
At the end of the class, the student should successfully be able to:
- Prepare the stable buttercream recipe
- Decorate for practice one (1) piece 6×4-inch round styrofoam dummy cake with buttercream and cover and fill one (1) piece 6×4-inch round cake (to be taken home after class) and decorate it using the piping techniques learned during the class
- Take an engaging photo of their creations to show to their clients, determine a competitive and fair price for their products, and successfully deal with their customers